Microsoft Excel Course
What You Will Learn
This worksop covers all of Excel’s essential features and shows you how to use the program to maintain lists, prepare budgets, manage and analyze data, and make charts. Class discussion and hands-on exercises teach you to —
- Enter and edit data,
- Use mouse shortcuts for “drag-and-drop” editing and Autofill,
- Write and edit formulas,
- Autofill formulas and specify absolute cell references,
- Insert and delete rows and columns, set column width and row height and merge cells,
- Set font, size and style for text, align and rotate text,
- Add cell borders and cell shading,
- Set number formats,
- Specify print options, including page size, orientation, print area, headers and footers, rows and columns to repeat and output scaling,
- Sort and filter data,
- Use the Autosum and If functions, and
- Create, edit and format charts.
- Live class with trainer in class and interactive student participation,
- Exercise-based, hands-on instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Why You Should Take This Class
Excel has a lot of power under the hood, but you have to know how to use it to take advantage of all it can do, just like you do with a high-performance sports car. This training not only shows you HOW, but also explains WHY so you can transfer what you learn to your own projects.
The goal is to show you how to use the power of Excel to get your work done efficiently.
Due to social distancing, all training currently is given as live, on-line video conferences (details)
Dates and Registration
No prior Excel experience is required, but students should have a working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.
Related Classes and Consulting
There is an Advanced Excel class for people who want to go to the next level. There are also more specialized workshops on Excel Charts, Excel Dashboards, Excel Macros, Pivot Tables and Excel Power Pivot.
We also offer consulting, private classes and one-on-one training. See our Excel Topics Page for a list of subjects that can be covered in a private class or one-on-one session. The Excel Services page has more information about all our Excel offerings.