Excel Power Pivot Course
What You Will Learn
This hands-on workshop shows you how to use Excel’s Power Query and Pivot features combines the data handling power of a relational database with the analytical capability of Pivot Tables. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- What the Power Query and Power Pivot tools do and how to make sure they are available on your copy of Excel,
- Using Power Query to access data, both in Excel and external sources, for analysis in Excel,
- Creating, editing and reusing queries,
- Using Power Query to prepare data for analysis by adding calculated columns, parsing data into several columns (for example splitting city, state and zip code that are in a single column, and combine data from several tables into one,
- How relationships enable one to use data from several tables together without merging them, for example wage rates in one table and hours worked in another,
- How to begin a new Data Model and decide what information it should contain and what its structure should be,
- Adding tables to the Data Model,
- Building relationships between tables and how relationships are different from and better than VLOOKUPs,
- Defining and managing data measures and KPI,
- Using DAX functions, which are similar to regular Excel formula functions, but include special function that are useful in data analysis, such as functions that automatically make period-to-period comparisons, such as month this year versus last year,
- Building Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts from a Data Model.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows only)
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
- Live class with trainer in class and interactive student participation,
- Exercise-based, hands-on instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Due to social distancing, all training currently is given as live, on-line video conferences (details)
- Private training available.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of Excel, especially how to create and edit formulas, use functions and build basic Pivot Tables.