Microsoft Excel Macros Course
What You Will Learn
This hands-on workshop gives Excel users a foundation knowledge of VBA and recording and writing Excel macros. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- What Excel macros are and what they can do,
- How to plan a macro before creating it,
- Creating a macro by having Excel record your actions,
- Editing a recorded macro,
- VBA syntax, reading, understanding and writing VBA statements,
- Excel objects and their methods and properties,
- Using variables and constants to store values in the macro,
- “Looping” a macro with Do While, Do Until and For statements to make it repeat certain actions until instructed to stop,
- Using IF, ELSE and IFELSE statements to insert conditional actions into a macro,
- Having a macro read data from worksheet cells and pop-up alert boxes, having it write to a worksheet,
- Assigning the macro to toolbar buttons and worksheet objects, and
- Choosing the appropriate macro security setting.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows and Macintosh, not Mac Excel 2008)
- Live class with trainer in class and interactive student participation,
- Exercise-based, hands-on instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Due to social distancing, all training currently is given as live, on-line video conferences (details)
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of Excel, including how to create formulas and format a worksheet.