Mastering WordPress Class
What You Will Learn
This course will show you how to use WordPress to design, create and edit a web site or blog. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- The role of WordPress in building and editing web sites,
- How to use WordPress on your own computer or on a server,
- Overview of WordPress features and interface,
- Setting overall site options,
- Choosing a WordPress template, using template options and widgets,
- The difference between WordPress posts and pages,
- The creation of WordPress posts and pages, saving drafts and previewing them, and publishing and updating posts and pages,
- Inserting graphics, specifying alternative text and size attributes,
- Creating links within your own site and to outside sites,
- Creating and implementing custom menus,
- The basic rules of HTML and how to view HTML within WordPress,
- How to insert custom HTML into a page created with WordPress,
- How to remove the default Comment box and “Like” links for on a page,
- Factors that affect SEO and WordPress tools for addressing them.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows and Macintosh)
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
- Live class with trainer in class and interactive student participation,
- Exercise-based, hands-on instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.