Advanced Photoshop Class
What You Will Learn
This class is designed for Photoshop users who want to broaden their understanding of the program’s features, especially layers and channels and use of Photoshop for web graphics. Class exercises and discussion cover —
- The difference between layers and channels, what each does and when to use each,
- A review of how layers work and when to use them,
- How to create new channels, edit and load channels,
- How Photoshop treats gray areas on a channel,
- Feathering selections,
- What happens when you rasterize a vector image by opening or placing it in Photoshop,
- How to make selections based on color, the difference between the Magic Wand tool and the Select Similar command,
- Transferring channels between images
- Use of the Paste Into command,
- Use of the History Brush tool, creating Snapshots, filling with History,
- How blending modes can change the way layers are combined,
- Creating custom brushes, saving and loading brush sets,
- Designing graphics for display on a computer monitor, rather than in a printed document,
- Choosing an appropriate color model and resolution for an on-screen graphic,
- Differences between GIF and JPEG formats,
- Compression versus quality tradeoffs with JPEG images.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
- Live class with trainer in class and interactive student participation,
- Exercise-based, hands-on instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Due to social distancing, all training currently is given as live, on-line video conferences (details)
- Private training available.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge Photoshop’s painting, text and selection tools, how to make and modify selections, make color adjustments and apply filters.