What You Will Learn
This class is designed to teach essential Photoshop concepts and operations to graphics and marketing professionals, and web and multi-media designers. Class discussion and exercises will teach you —
- To understand the pixel-based nature of Photoshop images and how they are different from vector images, such as those created by Adobe Illustrator,
- How to decide what resolution is appropriate for an image,
- What each of Photoshop’s tools in is designed to do, and how to decide which tool is most appropriate for a particular task,
- To use each of the selection tools, and decide which is most appropriate for a particular task,
- To save and load selections,
- To select colors and use them to fill selections,
- What the different painting modes mean,
- How to create and use layers,
- The difference between layers and channels,
- To select brushes and use the painting tools,
- How to create and apply gradients,
- What the Rubber Stamp tool does and how to use it,
- How the filters work and how to apply them to an image,
- When you need a clipping path, and how to create one,
- Different methods to making color adjustments to an image,
- The differences among the formats in which you can save your work, and how to decide which to use in a particular project.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
- Live class with trainer in class and interactive student participation,
- Exercise-based, hands-on instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Due to social distancing, all training currently is given as live, on-line video conferences (details)
- Private training available.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.