Advanced Excel Class
What You Will Learn
This workshop is designed for Excel users who want to use the program more efficiently, have it automate tasks and work with functions and data analysis tools. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- Using named ranges to write formulas and navigate within a workbook,
- How to define and apply reusable cell format styles,
- Formulas that link to cells in other Excel workbooks,,
- How date and time calculations work in Excel,
- How functions work, using the Function wizard, required versus optional arguments, use of common Date, Logical, Lookup and Statistical functions,
- Recording and editing macros,
- How to decide what steps to include in a macro,
- When to record a macro using Relative References, and
- How to create and modify a Pivot Table.
Dates and Registration
Knowledge of fundamental Excel operations, including entry of data and formulas, autofill, relative and absolute cell references, worksheet formatting, autosum and IF function, sorting and charting.
Excel, Excel Dashboards, Excel Macros and Pivot Tables.
For private classes, we would be glad to adjust the curriculum to emphasize the topic of greatest interest to the students. See list of Excel topics.
If you prefer project-specific assistance, we are also available to work with you on a consulting basis.