Microsoft Excel Macros Class
What You Will Learn
This course is for Microsoft Excel users who want a foundation knowledge of VBA and recording and writing Excel macros. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- What Excel macros are and what they can do,
- How to plan a macro before creating it,
- Creating a macro by having Excel record your actions,
- Editing a recorded macro,
- VBA syntax, reading, understanding and writing VBA statements,
- Excel objects and their methods and properties,
- Using variables and constants to store values in the macro,
- “Looping” a macro with Do While, Do Until and For statements to make it repeat certain actions until instructed to stop,
- Using IF, ELSE and IFELSE statements to insert conditional actions into a macro,
- Having a macro read data from worksheet cells and pop-up alert boxes, having it write to a worksheet,
- Assigning the macro to toolbar buttons and worksheet objects, and
- Choosing the appropriate macro security setting.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows and Macintosh, not Mac Excel 2008)
- Live trainer in room — not on-line or remote learning,
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
- 15 Court Square, Boston, MA (Downtown, directions).
- Private training can be given at your office or ours.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of Excel, including how to create formulas and format a worksheet.
Excel, Advanced Excel, Excel Dashboards and Pivot Tables.
For private classes, we would be glad to adjust the curriculum to emphasize the topic of greatest interest to the students. See list of Excel topics.
If you prefer project-specific assistance, we are also available to work with you on a consulting basis.
Mailing List and Further Information