What You Will Learn
This course is designed to teach students to use Flash to create interactive animations for presentations and web sites. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- The elements of the Flash program and its interface,
- How to determine an appropriate stage size and frame rate,
- How to use Flash’s drawing tools to create elements for use within the program,
- What kinds of elements can be imported into and used within Flash,
- Creating frame-by-frame animation,
- Tweening and the role of keyframes in Flash,
- Creating and rearranging layers, setting layer properties,
- Working with scenes,
- How to create animated buttons,
- The difference between button and frame actions, and how to use each,
- Preparing the Flash file for publication, and
- Integrating a Flash movie into a web page and creating a stand-alone projector file.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of web site development either using raw HTML or an HTML authoring tool such as Dreamweaver, FrontPage or GoLive. Familiarity with graphic file formats used in Web sites is also useful.