Microsoft Word Course
What You Will Learn
This workshop will teach you how to use Microsoft Word efficiently to prepare typical business documents such as letters, memoranda and reports. Class discussion and exercises teach you to —
- Enter and edit text,
- Set margins and page orientation,
- Set type specifications,
- Indent blocks of text,
- Set custom tab positions and use left, right, center and decimal-aligned tabs and leader characters,
- Insert bulleted and numbered lists,
- Add custom headers, footers and footnotes,
- Use the search and replace and spelling features,
- Insert page numbers,
- Create lines and boxes around text, and
- Use the "table" feature.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
- Live class with trainer in class and interactive student participation,
- Exercise-based, hands-on instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Why You Should Take This Class
Microsoft Word can automate a lot of the mechanics of document creation if you know how to use it correctly. Trial and error might leave you manually making changes the program could have done for you.
This class is designed to give students a firm understanding Microsoft Word fundamentals and how to set up documents to take full advantage of Word’s powerful formatting and editing tools. This training not only shows you how to use Microsoft Word, it also explains why things are done a certain way so you can figure things out for yourself when you are on your own.
The goal of the class is to help you use Word to get your work done quickly and efficiently.
The course will answer the following questions:
- How do I set the page size and margins for my Microsoft Word document?
- What is the proper way to indent text in Microsoft Word?
- How can I add borders to my text?
- When should I set custom tab stops and how do I do it?
- How can I add headers and footers?
- What are my options for page numbering?
Due to social distancing, all training currently is given as live, on-line video conferences (details)
- Private training available.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.