Advanced Access Course
What You Will Learn
This workshop is designed for business users of Access who want to automate and expand the capabilities of their databases. Class exercises teach you to —
- Design a relational database with linked tables,
- Decide what information should go into each table and which fields should be used to join them,
- Understand the different types of relationships, for example one-to-many and one-to-one,
- Define field validation tests to protect against entry of erroneous data,
- Create combo boxes (drop down lists) for data entry,
- Create command buttons to build a custom user interface,
- Perform calculations in queries and then display the computed results in forms and reports,
- Use Access's built-in functions in calculations,
- Use subforms to display data from multiple records in a related table,
- Automate repetitive tasks with macros, and
- Create and use Append, Update and Delete queries.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
- Live class with trainer in class and interactive student participation,
- Exercise-based, hands-on instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Dates and Registration
An understanding of fundamental database design principles, and how to create tables, forms, reports and queries in Access.