Mastering Microsoft Word
What You Will Learn
This course is designed to provide a working knowledge of Microsoft Word for business people who want to use the program to prepare typical business documents such as letters, memoranda and reports. Class exercises teach you to —
- Enter and edit text,
- Set margins and page orientation,
- Set type specifications,
- Indent blocks of text,
- Set custom tab positions and use left, right, center and decimal-aligned tabs and leader characters,
- Insert bulleted and numbered lists,
- Add custom headers, footers and footnotes,
- Use the search and replace and spelling features,
- Insert page numbers,
- Create lines and boxes around text, and
- Use the "table" feature.
Why You Should Take This Class
Microsoft Word can automate a lot of the mechanics of document creation if you know how to use it correctly. Trial and error might leave you manually making changes the program could have done for you.
This class is designed to give students a firm understanding Microsoft Word fundamentals and how to set up documents to take full advantage of Word’s powerful formatting and editing tools. This training not only shows you how to use Microsoft Word, it also explains why things are done a certain way so you can figure things out for yourself when you are on your own.
The goal of the class is to help you use Word to get your work done quickly and efficiently.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.