Advanced Microsoft Project Class
What You Will Learn
This course is designed to show Project users how to expand their use of the program by building more complex models and combining multiple projects. Class exercises and discussion cover —
- Leveling workloads to avoid overalLocation of resources, difference between manual and automatic leveling, settings in leveling dialogue box, how task priorities affect leveling, understanding the leveling view,
- Contouring work levels for tasks
where the level of effort varies during the duration of the task, using the preset
contours, creating your own, effect of contour changes on project schedule,
Inserting milestone tasks and designating regular tasks as milestones, uses for milestones,
- Working with task constraints, different types of constraints and their affect on scheduling, the difference between deadlines and constraints,
- Combining multiple project files, inserting one project as a task in another, linking individual tasks in different projects, issues to watch for when linking projects, updating linked files, sharing resources among projects and transferring calendars between files,
- Creating and using the Advanced Filters, saving advanced filters for use by others,
- Creating custom views,
- Adding hyperlinks to a project and using Project’s drawing tools to customize your output.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of Microsoft Project, including how to define tasks and relationships, assign resources to tasks, track project performance and generate reports.