What You Will Learn
This hands-on workshop will show you how to incorporate XML content into your projects. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- What XML is and how it is used to describe the content rather than the appearance of data,
- The relationship among XML and SGML, HTML and XHTML,
- XML syntax and formatting requirements,
- How to convert an HTML page into an XHTML page,
- How to analyze your data and decide on an appropriate structure for XML data,
- The creation of an XML page from scratch with a text editor, and how it is displayed in a web browser,
- The use of Cascading Style Sheets to control the manner in which the XML page is displayed in a web browser,
- How to design and create a DTD for XML data, and use it to validate the data,
- The use of XSL stylesheets and templates to generate web pages from XML data, and
- How XML data can be created by and exported from publishing programs like FrameMaker, InDesign and QuarkXPress.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows and Macintosh)
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
- Live class with trainer in class and interactive student participation,
- Exercise-based, hands-on instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Due to social distancing, all training currently is given as live, on-line video conferences (details)
- Private training available.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge HTML.
HTML if you are not familiar with the basics of the language.