Microsoft Project Course
What You Will Learn
This workshop teaches you how to use Microsoft Project to plan and manage anything from a construction project to development of a new vacine. Class exercises and discussion cover —
- An overview of how you can use Microsoft Project to plan the schedule of a project, determine which project tasks are critical to timely project completion, assign resources to project tasks, create a project budget, monitor performance of the project and adjust project workflow to accommodate changes that occur during performance,
- How the design of a project model
may differ depending upon the kind of information you want the model to provide,
Factors to consider in deciding the level of detail with which project tasks should be recorded,
- How to enter, edit and rearrange tasks in Microsoft Project and create a hierarchy of summary and detail tasks,
- Specifying task durations on a working day or calendar day basis,
- Factors to consider in deciding the detail with which project resources should be tracked,
- Assigning resources to tasks,
- How to specify resource and fixed project costs,
- How to use Microsoft Project to track project performance,
- Using Project to decide how best to accommodate changes that occur during project performance,
- Formatting Project files both on-screen and for printing,
- Using Project’s built-in reports.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
- Live class with trainer in class and interactive student participation,
- Exercise-based, hands-on instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows operating system.