FileMaker Pro Course
What You Will Learn
This workshop is designed for business people who want to create databases such as mailing lists, billing systems and inventory logs. Class discussion and hands-on exercises teach you to —
- Organize data into fields and records,
- Decide whether to define a field’s data type as Text, Number, Date, Calculation or Summary,
- Enter field definitions,
- Enter and edit data, and navigate among records,
- Find and sort records,
- Create and format a blank new layout, and add fields and labels to it,
- Format field placeholders in a layout,
- Use the Header and Footer layout parts, and add a Grand Summary part,
- Import data,
- Define formulas for Calculation and Summary fields,
- Create simple relationships between files, and
- Use the IF function.
- Live class with trainer in class and interactive student participation,
- Exercise-based, hands-on instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Due to social distancing, all training currently is given as live, on-line video conferences (details)
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.