Advanced Quark Class 1
The class is designed for QuarkXPress users who want to learn to use the program more efficiently and take advantage of more advanced features to fine tune the appearance of their documents. The class covers —
- What style sheets are and how they can be used to automate document production and assure consistency both within a document and among related documents,
- The difference between character and paragraph level formats and style sheets,
- How to define and modify a style sheet and apply it within a document, what it means to base one style on another and when it is a good idea to do so
- How you can override certain attributes of the format of text to which a style has been applied,
- What kerning is and how it affects the character spacing attributes built into a typeface,
- How to use baseline shift, horizontal scaling and other typographic adjustments,
- Using the Drop Cap feature,
- Controlling vertical alignment within a text box, wrapping text around another text box,
- The creation and use of multiple master pages within a document, customizing master page elements on a document page,
- Creating automatic page references when an article jumps from one page to another,
- Use of rules feature and text-flow control options,
- How to create a book comprising several documents and control pagination among the files within the book,
- Live trainer in room — not on-line or remote learning,
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of fundamental QuarkXPress operations, including document set up, creating text and graphic items in QuarkXPress and importing them from other programs, moving and resizing items, linking text from box to box, formatting text (including tabs, indentation and bullets), master pages and text wrap.
QuarkXPress for an introduction to QuarkXPress concepts, tools and menus, and the page layout features of the program.
Quark Advanced 2 for users familiar with the page layout features of QuarkXPress who want to learn to use its drawing and graphics manipulation capabilities.
Dates and Registration
Mailing List and Further Information