This course is designed to provide a working knowledge of QuarkXPress for business people and graphics professionals who want to use the program to prepare publications such as advertisements, business cards, newsletters and brochures. Class exercises teach you to —
- Specify page dimensions, margins and columns for a new document,
- Create, move and resize lines and boxes,
- Specify background and frame attributes for boxes,
- Add colors to the color palette,
- Set type specifications,
- Import text and graphics,
- Link text boxes,
- Indent paragraphs and create bulleted lists,
- Set tabs,
- Create and apply master pages,
- Wrap text around graphics.
- Live trainer in room — not on-line or remote learning,
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Dates and Registration
Familiarity with mouse and menu-based computer programs. Helpful, but not necessary to have general knowledge of graphics programs.
Advanced Quark 1 to learn to use QuarkXPress more efficiently and take advantage of automating features, and explore its typographic formatting features in depth.
Advanced Quark 2 for users familiar with the page layout features of QuarkXPress who want to learn to use its drawing and graphics manipulation capabilities.
Mailing List and Further Information