Advanced Quark Class 2
This course is designed for people who are familiar with the page layout features of QuarkXPress and want to learn to use its drawing and graphics manipulation features. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- How to draw with the bezier drawing tools, including how to control the shape of curves and add and delete points on a path,
- Merging and splitting boxes, joining lines,
- Changing content type of boxes,
- Converting lines to boxes,
- Wrapping text along a path,
- Creating custom dashed and striped lines,
- Converting text to a box and options for working with the box created by conversion,
- Controlling the manner in which text wraps around an object,
- Creating and editing a clipping path from within QuarkXPress, and
- The relationship between the clipping and runaround features.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of fundamental QuarkXPress operations, including document set up, creating text and graphic items in QuarkXPress and importing them from other programs, moving and resizing items, linking text from box to box, formatting text (including tabs, indentation and bullets), master pages and text wrap.
QuarkXPress for an introduction to QuarkXPress concepts, tools and menus, and the page layout features of the program.
Quark Advanced 1 for users familiar with the page layout features of QuarkXPress who want to learn to use its type manipulation and large document management capabilities.