Excel Pivot Table Class
This workshop is designed for Excel users who want an in-depth understanding of Pivot Tables and how they can be used both to analyze data and generate regular reports. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- What Pivot Tables can do and how they can be used with data from Excel and other applications,
- How Excel and external data must be organized to create a Pivot Table,
- Initial creation of the Pivot Table, choosing the fields to be included in the Pivot Table,
- Functions the Pivot Table can use to summarize results,
- Refreshing data and changing the data source,
- Creating calculated fields within the Pivot Table and using them to manipulate data,
- Sorting, grouping and formatting the data and Pivot Table,
- Creating multiple Pivot Tables from the same data,
- Pivot Table options,
- Setting up external data sources, and
- Creating, editing and formatting Pivot Charts.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows and Macintosh)
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of Excel, especially how to create and edit formulas and use functions.
Excel, Advanced Excel, Excel Dashboards and Excel Macros.
For private classes, we would be glad to adjust the curriculum to emphasize the topic of greatest interest to the students. See list of Excel topics.
If you prefer project-specific assistance, we are also available to work with you on a consulting basis.