Final Cut Pro Class
This class is designed to teach essential Final Cut Pro concepts and operations to graphics and marketing professionals, and web and multi-media designers. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- A basic overview of video production and editing,
- How to select clips from a digital video camcorder and import them into Final Cut Pro,
Creating a new project and determining which settings to use,
Organizing media clips into bins,
- An overview of the Timeline, Project Window and Browser,
- What a sequence is, and how to create one and put it into the timeline,
- An overview of the navigational and editing controls,
- Marking "In" and "Out" points on a media clip,
- Placing clips in the sequence,
- An overview of trim mode,
- Creating titles and simple graphics,
- Creating transitions and dissolves,
- Importing music from a CD-ROM,
- Rendering effects, and
- Outputting the final project to QuickTime or digital video.
9 hours, $390 (available for Macintosh only).
- Live trainer in room — not on-line or remote learning,
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Macintosh operating system. An understanding of computer graphics and audio file types and formats is also useful.
Mailing List and Further Information