Advanced Excel Class
This workshop is intended for Excel users who want to learn to use the program more efficiently, have it automate tasks for them and work with functions and data analysis tools. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- Using named ranges to write formulas and navigate within a workbook,
- How to define and apply reusable cell format styles,
- Formulas that link to cells in separate Excel workbooks,,
- How date and time calculations work in Excel,
- How functions work, using the Function wizard, required versus optional arguments, use of common Date, Logical, Lookup and Statistical functions,
- Recording and modifying macros,
- How to decide what steps to include in a macro,
- Relative and absolute cell references, when to use each in a macro,
- Use of Excel’s data analysis features, including pivot tables.
- Live trainer in room — not on-line or remote learning,
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Dates and Registration
Knowledge of fundamental Excel operations, including entry of data and formulas, autofill, relative and absolute cell references, worksheet formatting, autosum and IF function, sorting and charting.
Excel, Excel Dashboards, Excel Macros and Pivot Tables.
For private classes, we would be glad to adjust the curriculum to emphasize the topic of greatest interest to the students. See list of Excel topics.
If you prefer project-specific assistance, we are also available to work with you on a consulting basis.
Mailing List and Further Information