Adobe Illustrator Class
- SUBJECTS COVERED
- This hands-on course is designed for graphics, marketing and publishing professionals who want to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator to create graphics for use in books and magazines, proposals, multimedia presentations and web pages. The class covers --
Illustrator's tools and what each is used for,
The nature of Illustrator as a Postscript drawing tool, and how images created with Illustrator are different from Photoshop images,
Drawing with the basic shape drawing tools,
How to assign colors, patterns and gradients to an object, and specify the object's stroke,
The use of process and spot colors in Illustrator,
Using the transformation tools to rotate, scale, reflect and shear objects,
How to create and edit paths with the pen tool,
How to draw and shape curves with the pen tool,
Importing an image to trace,
The use of layers,
Working with text in Illustrator.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows and Macintosh)
Purchase with Advanced Illustrator class for discounted package price of $430.
- CLASS FORMAT
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
Live trainer in room -- no on-line or remote learning,
Emphasis on questions and student participation,
Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
- A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.
- RELATED CLASS
- Advanced Illustrator
- 15 Court Square, Boston, MA (see directions). Private training can be scheduled either at our location or yours.
- Check current schedule to see when class
is offered. Register
On-Line or call (866) 720-7171 (toll-free).
- MAILING LIST and FURTHER INFORMATION
- Monthly newsletter and schedule: join our Mailing List.
For more information, please contact us.
Visit our picture gallery.
Class Schedule · Illustrator Tech Support · Illustrator Tips