This course is designed to teach business people to create Access databases for applications such as mailing lists, invoicing systems and inventory logs. Class exercises teach you to —
- Determine how to organize your data into fields and records,
- Create a table, define new fields and change the attributes of existing fields,
- Decide what data type a field should be, for example Text, Number, Date and Time or AutoNumber,
- Choose which field to make the Primary Key,
- Enter and edit data, and navigate between records,
- Use filters to find and sort records,
- Create a form, add fields and labels to it, and format the form and data displayed through it,
- Create and format a report, and have the report sort and group records,
- Make calculations on a form or report,
- Import external data, and
- Create a Query and make it the record source for a form or report.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows operating system.