Mastering WordPress Class
Due to social distancing, all classes are presently given as live, on-line video conferences (details).
Each class consists of 2 half-day sessions.
What You Will Learn
This course is designed to show you how to use WordPress to create and maintain a web site or blog. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- The nature of the Internet and world-wide web,
- What WordPress can do,
- How to edit with WordPress on your own computer or on a server,
- Overview of WordPress features and interface,
- The basic rules of HTML,
- Choosing a WordPress template, working with template options and widgets,
- The difference between WordPress posts and pages,
- Creation of a basic WordPress post of page, saving a draft and previewing it, publishing and updating the page,
- Inserting graphics, specifying alternative text and size attributes,
- Creating links within your own site and to outside sites,
- Creating and implementing custom menus,
- How to remove the default Comment box and "Like" links for creating of a page for a web site rather than a blog,
- Viewing and editing HTML in WordPress,
- Factors that affect visibility of your site to search engines.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows and Macintosh)
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.