Mastering Visio Class
Due to social distancing, all classes are presently given as live, on-line video conferences (details).
Each class consists of 2 half-day sessions.
What You Will Learn
This course is designed for business people who want to use Visio to create drawings like flow charts, process diagrams and floorplans that contain connected elements. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- An overview of the elements of the Visio program, including its drawing tools, connection tools, drawing and background pages, templates and reports,
- How to use the drawing tools to make and format shapes, position and align them precisely, and add text,
- How to connect shapes, and the difference between point-to-point and shape-to-shape connections,
- Specification of page properties, including a scale for drawings like floorplans,
- Specifying the properties of a drawing element, such as size and position, as well as descriptive properties like inventory tag numbers,
- Defining custom properties such as cost,
- Generating and customizing reports.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows Only)
Dates and Registration
Familiarity with mouse and menu-based computer programs. Helpful, but not necessary to have general knowledge of graphics programs.