Mastering Microsoft Excel
Due to social distancing, all classes are presently given as live, on-line video conferences (details).
Each class consists of 2 half-day sessions.
What You Will Learn
This course covers all of Excel’s essential features and will show you how to use the program to maintain lists, prepare budgets, manage and analyze data, and make charts. Class exercises teach you to —
- Enter and edit data,
- Use mouse shortcuts for “drag-and-drop” editing and Autofill,
- Write and edit formulas,
- Autofill formulas and specify absolute cell references,
- Insert and delete rows and columns, set column width and row height and merge cells,
- Set font, size and style for text, align and rotate text,
- Add cell borders and cell shading,
- Set number formats,
- Specify print options, including page size, orientation, print area, headers and footers, rows and columns to repeat and output scaling,
- Sort and filter data,
- Use the Autosum and If functions, and
- Create, edit and format charts.
Why You Should Take This Class
Excel has a lot of power under the hood, but just like a high-performance sports car, you have to learn how to use it if you want to take advantage of all it can do. This training not only shows you how to use Excel, but also explains why things are done a certain way so you can figure things out for yourself when you are on your own.
The goal of this class is to help you harness the power of Excel to get your work done quickly and efficiently.
Dates and Registration
No prior Excel experience is required, but students should have a working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.
Related Classes and Consulting
We also offer consulting, private classes and one-on-one training. See our Excel Topics Page for a list of subjects that can be covered in a private class or one-on-one session. The Excel Services page has more information about all our Excel offerings.