Mastering FileMaker Pro Class
All April classes will be two half-day sessions delivered as live, on-line video conferences.
What You Will Learn
This course is designed for business people who want to create databases such as mailing lists, billing systems and inventory logs. Class exercises teach you to —
- Determine how to organize data into fields and records,
- Decide whether to define a field’s data type as Text, Number, Date, Calculation or Summary,
- Enter field definitions,
- Enter and edit data, and navigate among records,
- Find and sort records,
- Create and format a blank new layout, and add fields and labels to it,
- Format field placeholders in a layout,
- Use the Header and Footer layout parts, and add a Grand Summary part,
- Import data,
- Define formulas for Calculation and Summary fields,
- Create simple relationships between files, and
- Use the IF function.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.