Due to social distancing, all classes are presently given as live, on-line video conferences (details).
Each class consists of 2 half-day sessions.
What You Will Learn
This course is designed to show businesspeople and graphics professionals how to use Adobe Dreamweaver to create and edit an Internet web site. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- The nature of the Internet and world-wide web,
- What Dreamweaver can do,
- Overview of the Dreamweaver interface,
- The nature of a mark-up language like HTML,
- The basic rules of HTML coding,
- The parts of an HTML page,
- How to create and view an HTML page with Dreamweaver,
- Inserting graphics, specifying alternative text and size attributes,
- What kinds of graphics you can include in your page,
- Inserting and formatting tables, specifying size of table and table columns,
- How to interpret pixel dimensions of graphics and and tables,
- Specifying text and background colors,
- Making a "mailto" link,
- Compatibility issues, how different browsers can interpret the same page differently,
- How to publish a page with Dreamweaver.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications and the Windows or Macintosh operating system, and familiarity with the Internet and the use of browser software to view web sites.
Advanced Dreamweaver for further knowledge
about using this program.
Photoshop for further knowledge about editing digital images for use in Web pages.
Advanced HTML 1 to explore HTML layout techniques and learn to understand and work with on-line graphics.