Advanced HTML Class 1
What You Will Learn
This course is designed for web-site designers who want to learn to enhance their web pages by applying "layout" techniques, optimizing graphics and allowing user interaction. Class discussion and exercises will teach you —
- How to use HTML tags and attributes to control positioning and alignment of page elements,
- What frames do and how you can create them,
- How certain HTML tags may be treated inconsistently by different browsers and how to avoid compatibility problems,
- How forms work and how to include one in a page,
- What image maps do and how you can create them,
- How to "think" in pixels and design pages that can be viewed comfortably on both large and small monitors,
- The differences between RGB and index color images,
- Why a certain palette of 216 colors is referred to as "browser safe,"
- How to decide when to use GIF and JPEG images,
- To create an animated GIF image,
- How to interlace an image and give it a transparent background.
Dates and Registration
Familiarity with HTML markup, either using a web-page authoring tool such as FrontPage or Adobe PageMill, or raw HTML. Familiarity with an image editing program like Adobe Photoshop is also useful.
HTML/Web Site Development
Photoshop for further knowledge about editing digital images for use in Web pages.
Advanced HTML 2, which covers styles sheets, dynamic HTML and use of multimedia elements on web pages