This course is intended for business people who want to create PowerPoint presentations that will be displayed on a computer or television screen, or printed as handouts or slides. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- An overview of PowerPoint’s tools and commands, and the various working modes,
- How to enter text in the outline and specify a hierarchy by indenting items,
- The relationship among the Outline, Slide Master and slides,
- How to use PowerPoint’s drawing tools,
- How to set up a Slide Master from scratch,
- What the theme colors are and why one should generally use primarily those colors,
- How to apply a new template to an existing presentation,
- What Speaker’s Notes and Handouts are and how to create and print them,
- Applying transitions to slides,
- How to change theme colors and create a custom set of theme colors, and
- Use of PowerPoint’s charting feature.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.