- SUBJECTS COVERED
- This class is designed to teach essential Photoshop concepts and operations to graphics and marketing professionals, and web and multi-media designers. Class discussion and exercises will teach you --
To understand the pixel-based nature of Photoshop images and how they are different from vector images, such as those created by Adobe Illustrator,
How to decide what resolution is appropriate for an image,
What each of Photoshop's tools in is designed to do, and how to decide which tool is most appropriate for a particular task,
To use each of the selection tools, and decide which is most appropriate for a particular task,
To save and load selections,
To select colors and use them to fill selections,
What the different painting modes mean,
How to create and use layers,
The difference between layers and channels,
To select brushes and use the painting tools,
How to create and apply gradients,
What the Rubber Stamp tool does and how to use it,
How the filters work and how to apply them to an image,
When you need a clipping path, and how to create one,
Different methods to making color adjustments to an image,
The differences among the formats in which you can save your work, and how to decide which to use in a particular project.
9 hours, $390 (available for Windows and Macintosh)
Purchase with Advanced Photoshop class for discounted package
price of $560.
- CLASS FORMAT
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
Live trainer in room -- no on-line or remote learning,
Emphasis on questions and student participation,
Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
- A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.
- RELATED CLASSES
- Advanced Photoshop
- 15 Court Square, Boston, MA (see directions). Private training can be scheduled either at our location or yours.
- Check current schedule to see when class
is offered. Register
On-Line or call (866) 720-7171 (toll-free).
- MAILING LIST and FURTHER INFORMATION
- Monthly newsletter and schedule: join our Mailing List.
For more information, please contact us.
Visit our picture gallery.
Class Schedule · Photoshop Technical Support · Photoshop Tips