What You Will Learn
This course is designed to provide a working knowledge of HTML and the World-Wide Web for business people and design professionals who want to create or maintain Internet or Intranet web sites. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- History and development of the Internet and the World-Wide Web,
- How different web browsers can interpret the same page differently,
- The nature of a mark-up language like HTML,
- The basic rules of HTML coding,
- The parts of an HTML page,
- Creating and viewing pages,
- Inserting graphics, specifying alternative text and size attributes,
- Inserting and formatting tables, specifying size of table and table columns,
- How to interpret pixel dimensions of graphics and and tables,
- Specifying text and backgroupnd colors,
- Making a "mailto" link,
- Use of character entities to code special text such as accented characters,
- How to optimize on-line performance and avoid browser compatibility problems.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows and Macintosh)
Purchase with either Advanced HTML (Level 1) or (Level 2) for a discounted package price of $430.
Purchase with both Advanced HTML (Level 1) and (Level 2) for $645.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system. It is also useful to have some knowledge of the Internet and digital communications and bit-mapped graphics.