This course is designed for business people who want to create databases such as mailing lists, billing systems and inventory logs. Class exercises teach you to —
- Determine how to organize your data into fields,
- Decide whether to define a field’s data type as Text, Number, Date, Calculation or Summary,
- Enter field definitions,
- Enter and edit data, and navigate between records,
- Find and sort records,
- Create and format a blank new layout, and add fields and labels to it,
- Format field placeholders in a layout,
- Use the Header and Footer layout parts, and add a Grand Summary part,
- Import data,
- Define formulas for Calculation and Summary fields,
- Create simple relationships between files, and
- Use the IF function.
- Live trainer in room — not on-line or remote learning,
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.
Mailing List and Further Information