This course is designed to provide a working knowledge of Excel for business people who want to use the program to prepare budgets, analyze marketing and sales results, and create checkbooks and expense registers. Class exercises teach you to —
- Enter and edit data in a worksheet,
- Use "drag-and-drop" editing and Autofill,
- Enter a formula,
- Autofill a formula and specify absolute cell references,
- Insert and delete rows and columns, set column width and row height manually and numerically, and merge cells,
- Set font, size and style for text, align and rotate text,
- Add borders and cell shading,
- Set number formats,
- Specify print options, including page size, orientation, print area, headers and footers, rows and columns to repeat and output scaling,
- Sort and filter data,
- Use the Autosum and If functions, and
- Create, edit and format charts.
- Live trainer in room — not on-line or remote learning,
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of mouse and menu-based computer applications, and the Windows or Macintosh operating system.
Advanced Excel, Excel Dashboards, Excel Macros and Pivot Tables.
For private classes, we would be glad to adjust the curriculum to emphasize the topic of greatest interest to the students. See list of Excel topics.
If you prefer project-specific assistance, we are also available to work with you on a consulting basis.
Mailing List and Further Information