What You Will Learn
This class is designed to teach web developers to use CSS to provide format and structure to web pages. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- An overview of CSS, what it is and what can and cannot do,
- The difference between using styles to redefine HTML tags and creating custom classes, advantages and disadvantages of each approach,
- How to create an external CSS document and link web pages to it, how to define styles in-line within a web page, when to use each approach,
- CSS Syntax,
- How you create a proper style definition,
- How to apply a style to elements on a page,
- Using CSS to format text, including fonts and color, text size and line height, style and alignment,
- Using styles to format lists and links,
- How styles inherit attributes when they are nested, what determines precedence,
- Using styles to define boxes and specify size, position and visual attributes of boxes, and
- Potential compatibility and consistencey issues presented by the use of CSS.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows or Macintosh).
Dates and Registration
Knowledge of HTML and how to create web pages.