Advanced InDesign Class
This course is designed to help students use InDesign more efficiently and effectively, and fine-tune the content of their documents. Class exercises teach you to —
- Fine-tune typography, including baseline shift, horizontal and vertical scaling, kerning and tracking, and customizing hyphenation and justification,
- Control the flow of text to keep headings with related text and avoid widows and orphans,
- Use the book feature to link related files in a larger publication,
- Specify opacity and prepare a file with opacity settings for printing,
- Create and apply object styles,
- Apply InDesign’s "Effects" to graphics and use the Pathfinder,
- Work with graphics created in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop,
- Decide when to use vector and raster graphics and how to determine the appropriate resolution for raster graphics,
- Use InDesign’s "Alternate Layouts" and "Liquid Layouts" features to create different-sized versions of the same publication, and
- Use the "Linked Content" feature to create elements that can be used multiple times within the same or separate documents and updated globally.
- Live trainer in room — not on-line or remote learning,
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Dates and Registration
Knowledge of how to create an InDesign document from scratch, import text and graphics, link text from column to column and page to page, format text and layout pages.
Mailing List and Further Information