- SUBJECTS COVERED
- This workshop is designed for FileMaker users who want to learn how to enhance their databases with scripts, buttons, text as well as numeric calculations, portals and subsummary parts. The course covers --
The use of functions in Calculation fields,
Using calculations to combine text fields to create custom messages,
Adding command buttons to a layout,
What FileMaker scripts can do,
How to create and modify a script and assign it to a button,
Using portals to display several records from a related file,
What subsummary parts do and how to use them.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows and Macintosh)
Purchase with FileMaker class for discounted package price of $430.
- CLASS FORMAT
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
Live trainer in room -- no on-line or remote learning,
Emphasis on questions and student participation,
Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
- Working knowledge of basic database design principles and FileMaker operations, including creating and modifying field definitions, creating a layout (including headers, footers and grand summary parts), defining simple calulation and summary fields, and lookups.
- RELATED CLASS
If you would like project-specific assistance, we are also available to work with you on a consulting basis.
- 15 Court Square, Boston, MA (see directions). Private training can be scheduled either at our location or yours.
- Check current schedule to see when class
is offered. Register
On-Line or call (866) 720-7171 (toll-free).
- MAILING LIST and FURTHER INFORMATION
- Monthly newsletter and schedule: join our Mailing List.
For more information, please contact us.
Class Schedule · FileMaker Technical Support · FileMaker Tips