This workshop is designed for FileMaker users who want to learn how to enhance their databases with scripts, buttons, text as well as numeric calculations, portals and subsummary parts. The course covers —
- The use of functions in Calculation fields,
- Using calculations to combine text fields to create custom messages,
- Adding command buttons to a layout,
- What FileMaker scripts can do,
- How to create and modify a script and assign it to a button,
- Using portals to display several records from a related file,
- What subsummary parts do and how to use them.
- Live trainer in room — not on-line or remote learning,
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Dates and Registration
Working knowledge of basic database design principles and FileMaker operations, including creating and modifying field definitions, creating a layout (including headers, footers and grand summary parts), defining simple calulation and summary fields, and lookups.
Mailing List and Further Information