Advanced Access Class
This course is designed for business users of Access who want to automate and expand the capabilities of their databases. Class exercises teach you to —
- Design a relational database with linked tables,
- Decide what information should go into each table and which fields should be used to join them,
- Understand the different types of relationships, for example one-to-many and one-to-one,
- Define field validation tests to protect against entry of erroneous data,
- Create combo boxes (drop down lists) for data entry,
- Create command buttons to build a custom user interface,
- Perform calculations in queries and then display the computed results in forms and reports,
- Use Access's built-in functions in calculations,
- Use subforms to display data from multiple records in a related table,
- Automate repetitive tasks with macros, and
- Create and use Append, Update and Delete queries.
Dates and Registration
An understanding of fundamental database design principles, and how to create tables, forms, reports and queries in Access.