Excel Dashboards Class
A dashboard is an Excel worksheet that summarizes data using tables and charts, both to provide reports and enable people to query large quantities of information. You can how they work in a YouTube video.
This course shows you how to create a dashboard from scratch. Class discussion and exercises cover —
- What the dashboard can do and how you can use it,
- Planning a dashboard,
- Entering and updating data by copying and pasting, import macros and linking to external data sources,
- Adding charts to the dashboard,
- Creating Tables and Pivot Tables and using them with a dashboard,
- Using Slicers to filter data interactively,
- Using Combo Boxes to change dashboard settings,
- Creating dynamic messages with text calculations and functions,
- Using conditional formatting, functions and the Camera Tool to adjust appearance depending upon the data,
- Using Excel’s drawing tools to add visual elements to the dashboard, and
- Testing the dashboard.
6 hours, $260 (available for Windows and Macintosh)
- Live trainer in room — not on-line or remote learning,
- Exercise-based, hands-on classroom instruction,
- Emphasis on questions and student participation,
- Small size (limited to 8), personal attention.
Dates and Registration
A working knowledge of Excel, including how to create formulas and charts, sort and filter data and format a worksheet.
Excel, Advanced Excel, Excel Macros and Pivot Tables.
For private classes, we would be glad to adjust the curriculum to emphasize the topics of greatest interest to the students. See list of Excel topics.
If you prefer project-specific assistance, we are also available to work with you on a consulting basis.
Mailing List and Further Information